Goodbeing is first and foremost a healthy beauty & wellness discovery and trial service. We are emphasizing this to set clear expectations. Goodbeing is not a box of full sized products, a 'discount' box nor a grab bag stuffed to the brim with anything 'natural' we could find that month. We carefully source every product that goes into every box with member needs and preferences in mind. The mission of Goodbeing is to introduce you to pre-screened and tested, cleaner, more sustainably made beauty, wellness and lifestyle products made by brands using the highest quality materials, chosen by experts in the beauty, wellness & green living fields. The goal? Fun of course, but seriously - To do the leg work for you, screening and testing products to help you find new favorites and just as important, determine what's not a fit for you as well.
Each Standard Goodbeing box will contain 4 to 5 products and each Mini Goodbeing Box will contain 2 items chosen with your profile in mind. This means that while many products work for most people, some are more specific, and we'll work to include products more likely to work for your skin type, hair type, coloring and the like. This does not mean that each member receives a 100% customized box only featuring the product types indicated on your profile, nor is it a guarantee that you will never receive items you have not indicated an interest in, but it does mean we look carefully at each profile and do our best to choose items from the products available that will best suit your unique preferences and needs. When it comes to customization, here's what you can expect:
A. Product Types
All Goodbeing boxes will contain some type of facial and/or body care products. These categories can't be excluded or opted out of because this they are the most prevalent type of product available with the most diversity and variety.
We aim to keep boxes diverse. Based on your profile, some will include hair care, fragrance, sun care, personal care, nail products, hygiene products, accessories, supplements, health & beauty related food or beverage items or sustainable living products, based on the box type selected and your Member Profile. Our goal is to make sure you don't have two of the same product type in any box, and don't receive two of the exact same product types in two consecutive months. We're not perfect, and we have lots of product combinations each month, but that is the goal!
- Beauty Boxes - Facial care may be more specialized. Think serums, eye creams, masks, peels, scrubs and other specialty products as they relate to your profile. Body care may also be more specialized. You may opt out of receiving makeup, nail products, beauty accessories, scents, general hygiene, oral care, hair products, herbal supplements and a few other categories of products. All Beauty & Lifestyle Boxes may include Facial and Body Care.
- Lifestyle Boxes -This is a combination box, featuring products from the Beauty and Wellness Boxes, plus Lifestyle products such as home goods, small personal accessories and apparel and sustainable living goods. You may opt out of makeup, nail care, scents, hair products, herbal supplements, feminine hygiene and sexual health products.May contain both specialized beauty and basic personal care products for face and body.
While facial and body care product can't be opted out of entirely, you may indicate a reduced interest in them in your Member Profile, so that when alternatives are available, we will do our best to reduce the number and frequency with which you receive these types of products. Even if you don't think you want to receive Facial and Body Care products you just may find a new favorite or have something fabulous to share with a friend! We will do our best to customize these based on your unique skin type and concerns.
B. Other Features to Expect
1. Packaging - Sometimes you'll get a fancy little bottle, tube or pump, and sometimes you'll receive samples in simple jar or clamshell (still cute, but simple) packaging. Some are machine-made and some are hand made (we support small businesses!). The Standard Box measures 7 x 5 x 2, to give you an idea of scale.
2. Product Sizes - Product sizes vary month to month, and member to member, depending on what is best suited to their profile from the products available that month. Many Standard Goodbeing boxes will contain 1 full size or higher value travel size item, 1-2 medium travel size products, a deluxe Sample and a smaller, standard sized sample. This configuration will change month to month, with some months featuring 4 items of higher value or size in lieu of a 5th item, and other months, more mid sized items in lieu of a full size. At least 4 of the products will provide multiple uses, to give you a good sense for skin compatibility, performance, scent, how it applies and the like. Most Mini Goodbeing Boxes will either be two trial/travel sizes, or sometimes, a full size and a smaller sample.
3. Box Values - This service is $24.95 a month for the Standard Goodbeing Box and $9.95 a month for the Mini Goodbeing Box. The per box cost goes down with the pre-paid annual plans to $21.95 each for the Standard Goodbeing Box and $8.95 per box for the Mini Goodbeing Box. We'd like to emphasize the "service" aspect here - a way to discover and try pre-screened, healthier beauty products, natural wellness products and sustainable living / lifestyle products as indicated by your profile. It's not a product discount box. While some boxes may have a total "retail" value substantially higher than the cost, on average, the Standard Goodbeing Box will contain $40-$45 in products, with some months higher, others closer to average and the Mini Goodbeing Box will contain $15-$20 in products with some months being, higher, others closer to average. Values may vary substantially month to month and member to member based on member preferences, which we do our very best to honor. If, for example, you opt out of products that tend to be higher value (makeup, for example), or have a very specific profile with a limited range of interests and concerns, or restrictions plus limited interests and concerns (such as Vegan, no makeup, no nail color and low or none on various concerns) your average value will likely be lower, however, it will not be less than what you have paid for the box. When it comes to "value", we hope you take into account the value of free shipping (consider what you'd pay to order samples separately from several brands), expert product screening, testing, curation, customization and the ability to choose 1-2 of the items you receive each month (feature only available for the Standard Goodbeing Box), that makes the true value significantly higher than the face, retail value of each individual product.
4. Boxes Vary Member to Member - Member Profiles help us source and select products to suit your interests, skin type, hair type, color preferences, wellness concerns, dietary or other considerations, however, we are unable to keep all product types on hand at all times to provide each member with a unique box exactly reflecting their product interests, thus, the product types available each month will limit customization to some degree.
5. Tween and Teen Boxes (ages 11-17) - These members fill out a profile as well however, their selections will that excludes product categories that may not be age appropriate, such as Sexual Health and Pregnancy and advanced Anti-Aging specific products. (Note: Some products may contain anti-aging benefits appropriate to general skin health and protection). While we realize there may be exceptions, these products will not be shipped to those under the age of 18.
6. Vegan considerations - While we do accommodate a preference for Vegan products, there is an exception. Due to the difficulty in sourcing quality, high performance Vegan beauty products that are formulated with healthy, sustainable ingredients (and not just junk that happens to be Vegan), and our goal of keeping the product mix diverse while also customizing the product selections for each member, members choosing to receive Vegan products in their Member Profile may receive products that contain beeswax or other bee based ingredients. Products selected for Vegan members will not contain ingredients derived from milk, eggs, lanolin, cochineal beetles (Carmine), pearl, silk, animal by-products or any other non-vegan ingredients.
C. How to Complete your Profile:
1. Actually complete the profile. This is the best first step to take to receive a selection of products more likely to be well suited to you. Empty profiles will still receive a box, but they will not be customized.
2. Choose a diverse selection of products to receive - Be open minded to new things! We are here to introduce you to new brands and products. Not all will be a fit, but we hope a good number will. For the best experience, we recommend that you choose a diverse selection of product types to receive. Each member must choose at least 5 categories of products to receive, but discovery is fun! So, select as many as you might possibly be interested in. You might be surprised when an 'never' product turns into a 'can't live without' one.
3. Aim for consistency. For example, if you are not interested in receiving Makeup, leave the sections pertaining to makeup (colors, regime) as indicating no interest or there's a chance you will be assigned makeup. If you don't want nail products, leave the nail color interest levels at none. If you are not interested in receiving supplements or wellness related products, leave all wellness related answers on Not Concerned. Also try to keep your skin care goals consistent, as well as hair type. Conflicting answers makes assigning products that are the best fit a challenge.
4. Narrow Product Type Boxes Are Not Available - An "all make-up" or "all haircare" or similar all one product category box is not a possibility, nor is a box with just 2 or 3 types of products.
5. Rank preferences and concerns clearly. To receive items that are best suited to you, choose the highest interest level if that concern or preference is the highest among those available and you'd like to receive as many products as possible related to that concern. If you're open to it but you'd like to receive something less often than your highest interests and concerns, choose mid level of interest to receive products to address some of the time.
We do our best to customize based on your preferences and we hope more products than not are suitable for you. Even when suitable to a profile, however, we are all unique. Part of the Trial & Discover process is also figuring out which products are not a fit the the journey to find the ones that are.
We will aim to send the best fit from what is available each month. For example, if we have three cleansers available one month, one for dry, one for oily and one for sensitive skin and your profile indicates you have oily skin, that’s the one you will get. Bottom line? Some boxes may contain products types you have not specifically indicated an interest in, but discovery is fun and if it's not for you, share it with a friend! Sharing & discovery is so much more fun than disappointment!